Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Have Tiki, Will Ridey!

Your smile just lights up the whole deck, Tiki!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Thursday to you!

Well, ya know, I love making new friends with friends from all over, and this is my new friend Tiki!

Tiki comes to us from an exotic, tropical locale, where there are palm trees, ocean breezes, sand, sun...  You know what, though, Friends?  Tiki looked around one day and said he was kinda bored of the exotic, tropical locale, and that he wanted to go somewhere else.

I met Tiki at the dang ol' Lowes one day.  He was interviewing people to take him home, and I struck up a conversation with him.  I told him about the wind here in the Bing, and the way we can go through all four seasons in the space of a week sometimes.  I told Tiki all about my pal Rozzie.  I told him about our fun old cars.

I was just making conversation with Tiki.  He looked like he could use somebody to talk to at the dang ol' Lowes.  But then, Tiki said he'd like to come live in the Bing.  I thought he was just pullin' my leg at first.  He's that kinda fella.  But he wasn't.  He hopped right up on the flat-bed cart Mommy and I were drivin' around the store, and he made himself right the heck to home, rolled through the checkout with a panache only a two-foot tiki such as Tiki himself could master, and the rest is history. 

Tiki has settled in, guarding our plants on the deck.  At night, his eyes and mouth light right up.  I think he looks friendly, but others see him as foreboding.  It's all a matter of perspective.  When wintertime comes again, Tiki's gonna stand guard in the upstairs hall, so he doesn't catch the pneumonia or anything. We have a plan.

Tiki's really glad he's come to the Bing.  I am, too.  I'm really glad I decided not to be shy that day at Lowes.  Otherwise, I would be missing out on a really great friend right now!

Hey.  I love ya lots, Friends, but I've gotta go.  Tiki and I are goin' for a drive in my pedal car!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment