Pages

Friday, June 10, 2016

My First Chapter-Book!

It's really suspenseful, havin' to wait to see what happens from one chapter to the next!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Friday to you! 

Hey.  Have you ever read the book Olga da Polga?  It's by the same author that wrote Paddington Bear, but I hafta admit that I have not read Paddington.  I've only seen the movie, but based on that movie, I would definitely read the books!

However, I don't even know if there's a movie about Olga da Polga.  So if I wanna find out what happens to Olga, I'm gonna hafta read the book.

To be clear, it's a chapter book.  There are chapters to it.  Each page has a lotta words on it.  So Mommy reads Olga da Polga to me.  I like that.  Olga da Polga is a plucky little guinea pig that reminds me some of Anne of Green Gables, now that I really think about it.  Olga da Polga charms everyone who comes close to her, just like Anne of Green Gables.  Olga da Polga's fulla stories, just like Anne of Green Gables.  Has an answer for everything.

We just started readin' a coupla chapters of Olga da Polga before my naps, Friends.  It's a new thing for me, havin' chapter books read to me.  Usually the books Mommy reads to me have a beginning, a middle, and an end that's able to be read in one Little Kid-sized sitting.  But I like the way I think about this chapter book, wonderin' what's gonna happen next, even when I'm not listening to it being read.  I feel as though this is something of a watershed moment for me as a budding reader.  I feel like this is somehow a big deal!

I suppose it is, too, Big People.  I've always loved bein' read to.  I'm learnin' to like using my imagination to try to guess what's coming next in the story.  I'm learnin' to accept that not every story can be taken in and understood in just one sitting.

Reading's a whole lotta fun, though, Friends!  You should start a good book today.  Maybe even Olga da Polga.  Then we could discuss it! Anyways, I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment