Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2016

MoonDollars!

I've just had an Ultra Mega Bambinoccino with Extra Sugar and Whip, Friends!  Whee!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Saturday to you!

Well, ya know, I'm a kid who has an appreciation for the tastier things in life, and one of the tastier things in life is a good Bambinoccino!

My favorite Baminoccino comes from Donut Dude's, but sometimes, like when I'm working at St. Laffalotatus- Mercy-Mercy Hospital, there just isn't a Donut Dude's around.  That's when I hafta go to MoonDollars.

MoonDollars is a funny place, really.  While people gather at Donut Dude's for their hot beverage and delicious donut needs, and they linger and conversate and palaver like people do, they don't bring all their gear and camp out at a corner table in Donut Dude's. 

It's a different story at MoonDollars.

Oh, Friends, you'll see Little Kids like me on their Leap Pads, typin' out their novels or screenplays, listenin' to musics in headphones, readin' board books, holding teleconferences, even lyin' down and nappin' at the dang ol' MoonDollars.  It's an interesting place. 

...You know, personally, I like the setup at Donut Dude's better.  Donut Dude welcomes ya to sit a spell and stay as long as ya like, but it just isn't conducive to doin' work there, or writin' a screenplay.  A lotta times, there ends up bein' a great big lively conversation with everybody at a Donut Dude's.  It's just different at MoonDollars.

Another thing that is kinda weird at MoonDollars is that I give 'em my order, and they write a name on the cup that's meant for me.  I say "a" name, because never once have they written "MY" name on a MoonDollars cup.  Nope.  I'll say, "I'm Zoe, spelled Zee-Oh-Eeeeee!"

What gets written on my cup and thus called out into the MoonDollars when my order's ready is lotsa different things:
Chloe, Joey, Zora, Zentangle, Clarinda, Clarissa, Zinnia, Zenya, Zelda, Zerp, Princess Peach, Brown Eyes, and most recently, Zilly.

Zilly.  You know, that one's kinda cute, if they hafta get my name wrong at MoonDollars.  I don't mind Zilly.  The other names, I don't even know how they arrive at those, friends.  I guess Chloe and Joey sound like Zoe, but those other names?  I just don't get it.  It's almost like they're tryin' hard to get my name wrong!

Oh, well.  The Bambinoccinos are delicious at MoonDollars.  I can overlook their habit of getting my name wrong, and the names of my fellow MoonDollars customers wrong.  It's not just me.  There's more important things in life to get all whipped the heck right up about.  Not a five-minute social interaction at MoonDollars. 

And you get my name right, Friends!  I really appreciate that about you! 

I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment