Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Homeward Bound!

It's been fun, but it's back to Reality for this vacationer!
Well, hiya, Friends!  Happy Sunday to you! 

You may or may not know this about me, Big People, but for the last two glorious weeks, I have been vacationing at a lake and having the time of my life.  In a few weeks, you'll start to see the pictures from that adventure, but I've been living that adventure for the last fortnight.

A Fortnight in the Finger Lakes, if you will, is the kind of vacation I've been enjoying. 

Anyway, as I write to you this morning, it is all drawing to a close.  I'm not gonna lie, Big People.  I'm pretty torn up about it.  When I began my wonderful lakeside vacation two weeks ago, I was upset because it was taking so long to get there, and I missed my bedroom with all my toys in it.  I missed my house.  I missed Rozzie.

But then the Magic of the Lake took over, and I realized that the Lake was where I was meant to be.  It isn't that I didn't miss Home, and that I no longer missed my dog Rozzie, but I've just been havin' so much fun here.

I suppose if vacations didn't end and we didn't have to go back to reality, vacations wouldn't seem so special and fun in the first place. 

I've enjoyed every moment, Friends, but now I'm packin' up my stuff I brought to the Lake, and headin' to my seat in the big truck, and I'm headin' back to the Bing.  But I take solace in the fact that I know that in just a few weeks, my vacation will come back to say 'Hiya!' through my posts in this weblog, Friends.

I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow, when I'll be back to the usual routine!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment