Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Old School Amusement Parks!

There's just something about a nice, old-timey amusement park!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Saturday to you!

Well, ya know, yesterday, I had to help my folks go pick up our Jeep after its air suspension really let us down last weekend. 

It was quite a heck of a trip!  We got to eat supper in a restaurant, which you know is my Favorite, any restaurant.

And then. 

We went to an old-timey amusement park called Eldridge Park in Elmira!  I've been there before, but not when the rides were open.  It's so cool with the rides open! 

I'm in love with the place!  It was love at first sight!

I got to ride a Merry-Go-Round that's the fastest Merry-Go-Round I've ever been on in my LIFE!  I LOVE that Merry-Go-Round, because from what I understand, it usedta live in Eldridge Park, and then Eldridge Park closed, and the carousel ended up getting sold off. And then a few years ago, a buncha people got together and put their moneys together, and brought the carousel home.  I noticed that different people sponsor the carousel animals.  That's really cool, I think!

Then, Mommy and I rode a ride called the Thunderbirds, but Mommy calls 'em sail-planes.  It was the most intense ride I have ever been on in my whole entire life!  Friends, it's this plane that goes around and around, and Mommy was swinging the sail like a rudder, and it made our plane go sideways and high and low.  It was so much fun!  We rode that TWICE!

Then I rode a turtle-chase, and a horse-cart ride, and we rented a dragon boat for 20 minutes, and Mommy was tryin' to agitate the geese in the pond and make 'em fly away.  It didn't work.

We closed out our time at Eldridge Park with another trip on the carousel. 

I think that what really resonated with me, Friends, was the old-timey feel of the place.  We didn't hafta pay to park.  We didn't hafta pay to get in.  We bought old-school ride tickets.  It wasn't all slick and made-up.  It was the real deal, Big People!

I really hope they make a go of it at Eldridge Park, Friends!  I hope they bring back the midway games and cotton candy and everything.  I love that place!

If you haven't been there yet, you should go, Big People!  I love ya lots!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment