Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Crunch Time

Smile and say "hiya!" to someone who needs a smile today!
Hiya, Big People!  Well, guess what!  It's the tenth of December, and my excitement is just about at a frenzied pitch.  You know why?  Two weeks from tonight, it'll be Christmas Eve.

Now, my friend Santa Claus and I talked about it, and we decided that since he's going to get milk and cookies at everybody's houses, I'm going to leave him two Texas Hots from the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville, a Pepsi, and a plate of fries.

This DID cause a little bit of awkwardness, on the subject of Santa and the Pepsi.  I understand Santa and Coca-Cola have had an affiliation in the past.  But the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville is all Pepsi, and you hafta have that in order to get the full Texas Hot experience... or as close to it as you can get, not being there.  See, the people at the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville will be spending Christmas Eve with their families that night.  So I can't take Santa Claus there myself when he comes to my house.  But I want his experience to be as authentic as I can make it.  So, Pepsi instead of Coca-Cola.

I woulda planned on a piece of pie, too.  I love the Banana Creme at the Texas Hot in Downtown Wellsville.  But with all those cookies he'll be eating that night, Santa said he'd prefer to keep his snack at my house savory.  I can appreciate that. 

So anyway, we're down to the crunch time for the countdown to Christmas.  Big People, why do we call this time "crunch time?"  Are we all going to do crunches in preparation for all the Christmas cookies we're going to eat?  Do you think that's why?  I hope you have all your shopping close to done, though. If you're doing crunches, that's going to take up time from your shopping and wrapping. 

Just seems weird to me that of all the things you can do, you'd pick crunches to do.  I'd think during this time, we all ought to Turbo Jam, or play some table tennis, or something else that really burns calories, don't you?  Go for walks.  Crunches are great, I guess, but they don't look like they'd really burn off many cookie-calories.  I get so confused.  It'll be okay.  I guess we should just do whatever we do, so when Christmas comes, we can eat lotsa cookies and hot cocoa and not worry about it.

That sounds like a good deal to me, Friends!  See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment