Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I'm Fifteen Months Old!

Time just slipped away from me like crazy!
 Hiya, Friends!  Would you believe on the 9th, I turned Fifteen Months Old?  And yesterday, it marked fifteen months since I came home for the first time and met my pal Rozzie for the first time?  An' I forgot all about both those things!  Wow!

I guess that's what the old people like Mommy mean when they say "time has a way of slipping right past you!"  Time just slipped right past me, the last coupla days! 

Anyway, it's good to be fifteen months old.  I'm allowed to do more stuff.  I've been helping Mommy carry dishes to the sink, when I can.  I like to pretend that the plates are steering wheels and I'm driving a Jeep out to the kitchen.  I know it helps Mommy out a lot, and it makes me feel like a Big Girl, getting to help her like that! 

Sometimes, believe it or not, she lets me put spoons in the slots in the silverware basket in the dishwasher!  Wow!
What can I do to make sure that doesn't happen again?

Also, if you ask me where my nose is, I can show you.  I can do the same with my mouth, my belly, and my foot!  How about that!  I couldn't show you where those things were before, but now I can!

It's a lot of fun, being fifteen months old.  I have a magazine that I subscribe to now.  It's made just for me and has my name on the address label and everything.  Guess how much of a big shot THAT makes me feel like?  I'll give you a clue: it makes me feel like a great big bigshot!  You bet it does!

What I can't believe is that I've known Rozzie for fifteen months.  I think I mean I can't believe it's only been fifteen months.  To me, it feels like I've known Rozzie forever.  And I guess I have.  At least as far as I'm concerned. 

I know!  I'll write on a calendar what I wanna remember!
When I was just a little kid, I remember sitting in my swing, and Rozzie brought her favorite ball over to me to play with.  I was only about two weeks old, so I didn't know what to do with a ball, but I could tell it was something great.  And I also remember lying in my swing, and crying, and Rozzie would come up to me and give me a kiss on the cheek.  She seemed so big!

Now I can play with Rozzie with her favorite ball.  I can give her treats out of the bin.  She still seems so big to me, but she isn't scary at all.  When Rozzie's around, I feel really safe.

I'm glad Rozzie was around for me when I came home from the hospital that first time.  And I'm glad she's around now.  Some mornings, she comes into my room, and she's the first face I see, and when that happens, I know it's gonna be a good day.  Even when she isn't the first face I see, as soon as I see her waiting for me down in the room that's red, I know it's gonna be a great day. 

Me and my Best Friend Rozzie!

I think the point I'm trying to make is that when I came home that first day, I really didn't know how this was going to go.  I'd only ever lived in a hospital... at least those first coupla days.  I'd only ever slept in a plastic wheelie, not in my very own crib.  I didn't know who Rozzie was or how I was supposed to act around her.  But she really has taken me under her paw and made sure I know things.  She lets me share her food- didja know that dogfood tastes GREAT, Big People?  I didn't until Rozzie clued me in.  I love that dog!

So... Fifteen Months.  Wow!  So much has happened since I first got here.  I just can't believe I forgot until today that I've gotten to this milestone!  I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment