Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Stubborn Problems Call For Stubborn Problem-Solvers!

I've got a stubborn problem on my hands!
Well, hiya, Big People!  How the heck are ya today?  It's Thursday the Thirteenth, you know.  Is that a thing?  Does anybody know?  I know people kind of lose their minds about Friday the Thirteenth, but what about Thursday the Thirteenth?  I'll have to look into this. 

You know what I'm also looking into?  A solution for those Little Giraffes of the Wild Steppes of Wexford.  If you just said "But Zoe, I thought you had their plight all taken care of, with your fancy shuttle bus, to take the Little Giraffes of the Wild Steppes of Wexford around to the different eateries and healthy grocery stores, so they wouldn't think they need to cross that busy Route 19 to go to Sonic all the time!", believe me, Friends.  I thought I had it all figured out, too.  That shuttle bus seemed like such a great idea.

I know I've told you before, but just for the sake of review, I'll repeat myself. The Little Giraffes of the Wild Steppes of Wexford weren't happy with my solution, because they thought the shuttlebus was taking them to salad bars too often and not to the Sonic enough, so they started heading over to the Sonic after the shuttlebus would drop them off for the day.  So not only are they getting all those extra calories, which was MY concern, they're also having to cross Route 19 again.  That's what brought the Little Giraffes in Wexford to my attention in the first place.

Do you know Route 19 in Wexford, Friends?  Why, it's crazy!  Traffic everywhere!  People turning left, people turning right... people trying to beat the red lights!  It's just a bad situation!

It can be discouraging when problems don't stay solved!
Well, and then you know, the other thing I'm trying not to make to big a deal out of: The Sonic itself!  Don't get me wrong.  Sonic's a great sometimes-treat place, but the Little Giraffes of the Wild Steppes of Wexford have really been going there too much!  Everything has such high calories.  Are there salads at Sonic?  If there were, even the SALADS would cost a bazillion calories apiece!  I don't know what the Little Giraffes are eating at the Sonic, but I bet it's the tater tots or the mozzarella sticks, and not the salad, since all the salad bars I've had the shuttlebus take them around to, right there in their neighborhood, that's what has them all up in arms.  Or necks. 

What do you way when you have a bunch of angry giraffes, anyway?  People get all up in arms.  I don't know what giraffes get.  All I know is that they're mad at me, still crossing Route 19, still eating Sonic food every day, and let's just say we had a discussion.  It got heated.  Really heated, heated like the oil you'd fry everything on the menu at Sonic in. Some things were said.  Things we all regret.
When the goin' gets tough, Zoe gets tougher! Grr!

And I know better, Big People.  I know that beating your chest and hurling ad hominem or ad Giraffa camelopardalis
 as the case may be, is no way to win an argument.  Not really.  That's bullying.  Think about it.  Would YOU want to do anything with somebody who beat their chest and said rude things to you?  Would having them do that make you more likely to say, "you know, you're right!  I really need to change my ways for my well-being and for that of those around me!"  Of course not! 

So, it's going to be back to the drawing table for me and the Little Giraffes of the Wild Steppes of Wexford.  They know eating so much food from Sonic AND crossing Route 19 are dangerous things for them to do.  They KNOW it, and say they can't help themselves.  And this is a bigger problem than I can handle on my own, so I'm going to have to ask for some help.

It's a funny thing about help, though, isn't it, Friends?  Sometimes, if you're not afraid to open your mind, the very help you knew you needed, but didn't know how to ask for it, it just falls in your lap.  Things fall into place.  One thing I'm certain of.  Stubborn problems call for stubborn problem-solvers, and if anything fits me to a T, it's being a stubborn problem-solver! We're gonna get through this, those Little Giraffes and me!  Rah!

I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment