Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

A Cupcake-inator

You know what's missing here? A cupcake.
 Hiya, Big People!  Well,  you know that Wendy's commercial where the fellow is at a yard sale, trying out a previously owned recliner, and the slightly snotty redhaired girl says "You know what's missing from this picture? ... A BACONATOR!" And the fellow says "Sold!" and the next thing you know, he's driving around a Wendy's drive-thru, presumably purchasing some sort of large sandwich with a lot of meat on it, and that slightly snotty redhaired girl pops into the frame and says something about "blah-blah-blah.  Blahblahblah blah-blah."  And then my show comes back on.

What's that? ... Oh, that slightly snotty redhaired girl is the New Wendy for the Wendy's ads? ... I see.  Well, good for her.  I'm not sure I like her much.  Time'll tell.  I wasn't mainly concerned with Wendy anyway.  I want to talk more about that Baconator sandwich.
No! No! We've been through this: I don't have a problem with cupcakes!
Or more to MY point, I want to talk about a brilliant thing I just thought of, called a Cupcake-inator!  Instead of hamburger and bacon, a Cupcake-inator would be a cupcake all baked and frosted, with ANOTHER cupcake all baked and frosted and stacked on top, and then the whole thing would be covered in cupcake-shaped sprinkles!

And the whole thing would cost only ninety-nine cents. 

Except for me.  For me, the Cupcake-inator would be free, because the idea was my idea, and I retained the rights and royalties.

I have a problem not having cupcakes!
It's just been a while since I've had cupcakes, Friends, and I miss them.  I miss the sweet and spongy texture of the cake part, and I miss the burst of butter and sugar imparted by the frosting portion of the cupcake.  And I miss the prettiness of the cupcake wrapper.  It's the whole total, sugary package I miss most, Friends.

Back to the Cupcake-inator, anyway.  I was thinking.  What if, instead of two regular-sized cupcakes stacked on top of each other, we had a regular-size cupcake baked and filled with a creme filling and iced and taken out of its wrapper and then PUT INSIDE A GIANT CUPCAKE that was also filled with creme filling, so that the first, regular-sized cupcake is nestled ever so gently in a pod of delicious creme filling- I think an Angel Creme would work best for this, rather than a Bavarian Creme.  Wouldn't wanna sog up the cake in the cake, after all!

Magic Basting Brush, magic me a Cupcake-inator, please!
And then, by some mysterious magical magic, the giant cupcake would form itself around the regular-sized cupcake so nobody could tell where it was split open to put in the regular-sized cupcake, and from there, it was put in a pretty paper wrapper, and frosted and sprinkled!

Woah.  Now THAT'S the Cupcake-inator I'm talking about!

Friends, I've got some sketchin' to do.  Got some fancy thinkin' to do.  I'm pretty sure I can magic myself a Cupcake-inator like what I just described, but you hafta have a clear picture of what you want in your head before you can just use your magic basting brush and bling it into existence.  So I'm off to do just that. 

I'll ketchup with ya tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment