Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Fluff Isn't A Bad Thing!

The news this week made me go like this.
 Big People, this has been quite a week, hasn't it?  Lotsa awful stuff going on.  Lotsa awful stuff, and then the usual arguing and fighting and accusing and just general negativity in general.

I don't know what to make of it all.  I don't even know what to do about it.  I'm not sure what I can even do about it.  It's kind of like what my Mommy says: "Haters gonna hate."  I think that can be applied to so many more people than just haters. 

For instance, "Whiners gonna whine."  "Losers gonna lose."  "Slackers gonna slack."

"Helpers gonna... HELP!"

I worry aboutcha, Big People. 
I wanna be a helper, Friends.  But I'm little.  I can't drive a firetruck or ambulance.  I can't help people get out of pain when they have tooth aches like my Daddy can.  I went to CPR class with Mommy, but I'm still too little to resuscitate somebody.  Plus, my hair's already curly enough without me handling the AED.  I see that going all kinds of wrong.  I'm not gonna lie, Friends.

But at that CPR class, you know what I did?  There were two dummies there, and they were named Annie.  I guess that's what all CPR dummies are named.  It just simplifies things.  Anyway, I watched everybody do the CPR on Annie and Annie, and I couldn't do anything to help.  I didn't think so, anyway.  Because like I said, I'm just little.

I worry for the world, Friends.  For all of us.
It made me fret a little bit.  It really did.  I don't think there's many things worse than having to stand by and not be able to do anything to help.  So I leaned down to Annie and Annie and started telling them jokes and patting them on the head to let them know I was there.  If they'd'a had hands, I would have held their hands, so they'd know they weren't alone.  I feel better when I know I'm not alone.

Then it hit me: that's how I can help right now.  If I can take your hand, even over the expanse of the World Wide Web, or if something I say or do can put a smile on your face, then I'll be happy, knowing I helped in my own little way.  It isn't much, and some people would call it "fluff," but it's all I have to offer right now, so that's what I'm offering.

Wait!  I have an idea!
I'll be your friend.

I realize lately, I've become less of "The Daily Zoe," and more of "The Occasional Zoe," and I don't like that.  It's just there's been so much going on, and I haven't been able to wrap my head around it all to have anything important to say about it.  I've had an attitude adjustment.  I don't have to say important things.  There are lots of people out there saying important things.  I just wanna put a smile on your face and make you feel like you've got a friend, even when it's dark, and when it looks like the bad guys are gonna win.

I wanna be the voice you hear in your ear that says "Zoe loves ya!  Muah!"

I don't always get things right, Friends.  I'm not always consistent.  I'm prone to my toddler moments, just like everybody else.  I can't make it all better, but I'm going to do my best to make you happy and to make you laugh.  I wanna be aggressively positive when I can be, by golly!  Call it Pollyanna.  Call it fluff.

You know what?  I love fluff.  Especially the marshmallow kind.  So there.

I'm gonna be fluffy!  Fluff makes ya laugh!  Laughing makes it all better!
So that's my plan in a nutshell, Big People.  I don't have superpowers, so I can't save the world, but I can be your friend, and Lord knows, pretty much everybody can use a friend right now.  And always.  So that's that.

I'm gonna be more "Daily" and less "Occasional," Friends.  And not be so worried about only saying something important.  Tune in when you wanna see me, and don't bother when you don't.  We all need a break once in a while.  No hard feelings.  But my break's over.

I love ya, Friends!  Muah!






No comments:

Post a Comment