Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

HAH!-Key and HAH!-beeeeeez

Uh-oh.  HAH!-key season's over. What am I gonna do now?
Hiya, Friends!  Well, that's the whole ball of wax, right there.  The lights are out, the party's over, and next week, they're gonna melt the ice at the First Niagara Center.

What I'm trying to say here is this: HAH!-key season for my Sabres is all over.  Now I know, Gramma's team, the Pittsburgh Penguins, are in the playoffs.  I get it.  I understand.  But I'm a Sabres girl.  Whenever I hear Rick Jeanneret's voice, I know there's HAH!-key going on somewhere.  I just don't have that deep psychic connection to the Penguins.  I think they're nice and all, but they're just not my Sabres.

Will I watch some playoff games, even though my team's out of contention?  Sure.
Well, I s'pose I need to find me a HAH!-bee, don't I?


But it's got me thinking.  I need something else to do in the not-hockey season.  A hobby, perhaps, or as I like to say, a HAH!-bee. 

Daddy has his old cars that are his hobby, and I like the old cars, but there's a lot of ways I can hurt myself on his old cars, so basically, they just let me sit in the seat while the car's just sitting in our drive, and that's fun and all, for about five minutes.

Mommy knits.  Now, I like knitting.  I like my scarves she's made me.  But I've tried helping Mommy with the knitting, and as it turns out, it's easy to make yarn tangle into hopeless knots, and that makes Mommy cry.

When Mommy cries, I cry.  I can't help it!
Can anybody suggest hobbies for your pal Zoe?


 So what I need to do is find me a hobby that doesn't involve dangerous old car parts and yarn that tangles into hopeless knots that make Mommy cry.

I like to take things apart and hide the pieces.  That's a lot of fun.  But that's more of something I do to pass time and gain attention.  It isn't really a hobby.  It's not the kind of thing I can take to a show and say 'See the missing rubber foot on that chair?  I took that and hid it!'

I've thought about getting into some jewelrymaking with pasta.  That's doable.  I have a toy that's a string with a round bead on one end, meant to look like a caterpillar, and I thread colorful beads on the caterpillar.  And I've noticed my Pasta Tubes have nice big holes in them, perfect for threading onto a piece of string.  I don't know though.  Does anybody really wear pasta jewelry around anymore?  I don't want to go to all that trouble, designing and planning and stringing the pasta jewelry, only to have my creations languish in a drawer.

Don't you worry, Friends!  I'll figure out a hobby!
Where would you even store pasta jewelry, anyway, Friends?  I'd think in a jewelry box at first, because it's jewelry.  But it's made from pasta, which obviously belongs in a kitchen.  But if you kept your pasta necklaces and bracelets in the kitchen, would you remember to put them on before you went out?

Maybe that's the trouble, right there, Friends.  Maybe that's why you don't see people wearing pasta jewelry when you're out and about.  Nobody knows where to store it, and they forget they have it.

We might have figured something out, just now, Friends.  We might have, and we weren't even in the tub!  How about that?!

I'm still quite without a HAH!-bee to replace HAH!-key, while my Sabres are in the off-season.  I'll probably figure something out.  I mean, I will.  Hockey and the news are the only TV I get to watch, and I don't like the news, so that leaves me with lotsa time to think about this, I suppose!

Anyway, whether it's HAH!-key season or not, you can be secure in the knowledge that your pal Zoe loves ya!  Muah!


No comments:

Post a Comment