Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ice Cream Monster!

'I' is for 'Ice Cream,' and I AM for Ice Cream!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, as you know, the other day, I did a write-up on the letter C being for the word 'Cookie', and I asked my friends over on the Facebook to suggest other letters I can find the words for, and someone shouted out 'I for Ice Cream!'

Well, I knew I had to investigate this.  Check it out for myself, and you know what I found out?  'Ice Cream' DOES start with the Letter I.

It got me to thinking how I'd like to try out for a job on the dang ol' Sesame Street.  They already have a Zoe on Sesame Street.  They already have Cookie Monster, so I wouldn't wanna take anything away from either of them.

However, I couldn't help but notice they don't have an Ice Cream Monster. 

I saw this as a unique opportunity for me!
Could I eat ice cream the way Cookie Monster eats cookies?

It'd go like this.  Anytime there was ice cream to be eaten on Sesame Street, I'd come running onto the scene, and yell "Ice Cream!" and then start eating the ice cream like this: 'nomnomnomnomnom!'

I would also add to the educational component of Sesame Street by talking about the many different kinds of ice cream there are.  You know, the different flavors like vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, mint chocolate chip, cookie dough, Graham Central Station... Oh, there are so many wonderful flavors of ice cream.

Then there are all the different types of ice cream-like desserts out there.  There's gelato, ice cream, sherbet, coconut ice cream, Tofutti...  Why, I could build a whole ice cream-based curriculum for my stint on Sesame Street as the Ice Cream Monster!
Let's hear it for ice cream!
There's just one thing. 

Eating ice cream the way Cookie Monster eats cookies would give me a BAD headache.  I tried it the other night, and let's just say I think in reality, my character on the dang ol' Sesame Street would start out all enthusiastic about ice cream and the letter I, and would get a few good nomnomnoms in before the brain freeze set in.  It'd be funny for about forty-five seconds, and then I'd turn into Ice Cream Monster's evil doppleganger: HEADACHE MONSTER!  And as Sesame Street already has Oscar the Grouch, and he's fabulous- I just love him- I don't think they need another grouchy or irritable character on the show.

Besides that, I can't help but notice that I don't have colorful fur like the other monsters on Sesame Street.  I could dress in a costume, but I feel as though that would be disingenuous.

So I'm gonna just be me: Zoe WithLizardBreath Blake, Ice Cream Enthusiast.  Blogger.  All around kid. 

Does that sound like a plan, Friends?  I love ya!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment