Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving's Just Two Days Away!

How'd it get to be the 26th already?!
Friends, I just looked at the calendar and noticed something disconcerting.  Thanksgiving's in two days.  How'd this happen?

I mean, I've known all month that it was coming, and I've known for the past week that we were in the last week before Thanksgiving, but now we're on the dang ol' Home Stretch.

It's true.  Once we hit Thanksgiving, it's a fast sled-ride straight through to Christmas, and by 'sled-ride,' I'm talking about one of those plastic Sno-Discs that somebody sprayed Pam Cooking Spray on the bottom of, so you're just spinning and sledding at break-neck speed, careening right down that hill. 

That's what this time of year feels like, and I'm just getting some anxiety, because here we are, two days away from Thanksgiving.  Are we ready?

I mean, are we really ready?  Do we have everything we need? 

Do you have your turkey?  Is it thawing out?  Thawing out a frozen turkey takes FOREVER!
Dean O., grab our coupon caddie and let's get to the store!

Do you have your frozen rescue pizzas, for just in case your turkey meal doesn't work out?  You oughtta figure on a frozen pizza per person, and buy a variety of them.  Some people like Pepperoni, some people like Supreme, some people like those Kashi frozen pizzas... Now is not the time to discriminate, Friends!  Just load up on Frozen Pizzas, just in case that turkey ends up being all dark meat, darker meat, and charcoal.  Or if it doesn't get cooked through all the way. 

Trust me, when you're cookin' a big important meal like Thanksgiving Dinner, things can go wrong.  You don't wanna have a houseful of people and nothing for 'em to eat.  It's best to have the back-up plan with the frozen pizzas.

Do you have enough Reddi Wip?  What about napkins?  Now is not the time to skimp on napkins, Friends!  Or carpet cleaner. Not for eating, but in case somebody has a spill!  It happens!

Jeez Louise!  What was I doing, relaxing all week?!  I have a lotta work to do, Friends, and I bet you do, too!  Grab your coupon caddies and let's get to the store!

I'll see ya tomorrow!  I love ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment