Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Oh-HO-Ho!

Whaddaya mean we're not visiting Sesame Street?!
Friends, a little while back, I went on an epic road trip in Daddy's truck.  It was epic because I got to go to a whole new state I've never been to before, and also, I got to stay up past midnight!

At first, I hoped that we were heading to Sesame Street!  I mean, do you know how cool that'd be for a little kid, to hop in the truck and ride and wind up on Sesame Street?

It'd be pretty darned cool, in case you don't know. 

But that's not where I went in the truck on my epic road trip.

I went into New York State, which isn't unusual for me.  We went on the Southern Tier Expressway and drove for a long time, until we got to a place called Erie. 

I thought Erie was the end of the line, but here I am in Ohio!
Now, I thought Erie was in New York State, but I was surprised to find out that it isn't.  It's in Pennsylvania, the state where I live! But the fastest way to get there is to go into New York State.  How about that?!

I thought that we were gonna turn off the road and look around in Erie, PeeYay, since it took so long for us to get there, even taking the fast way on the thruway in New York State.  To be honest with ya, I was really ready to get out of the truck by the time we got to Erie, too.  I wanted to look at that big lake, which is also named Erie!

The truck kept driving, though.  I had to admire the lake through my window, and that's okay.  I sit up really high in the truck. 

Next thing I knew, we were in a brand new state to me.  We were in OHIO!  And guess what.  Daddy DID stop the truck and I got to get out and stretch my legs a little bit.  We were at a rest stop, and there was a monument there! 

Do they speak my language in Ohio?  They do!
I found out that Ohio is part of the Midwest, and I live in the Northeast, so not only did I visit a state that's completely new to me, I also visited a completely different region from where I live.  That's pretty neat. 

What struck me most was that people in Ohio are a lot like people in Pennsylvania or New York State.  They speak the same language I speak.  They wear the same kind of clothes.  They drive their cars on the same side of the road like we do, and use the same money we do.

It wasn't a trip to Sesame Street, but my epic trip to Ohio was still really cool.  If I ever go there again, I'd like to see the little car that the Cleveland Indians drive around.  It's shaped like a baseball!  I love things that are shaped like other things!

I love ya, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment