Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Final Monday!

Hey, Friends- let's be good to the last Monday of the year!
Friends, you know how I'm ambivalent about Mondays.  You know I get kinda grouchy on Mondays, especially when I've had so much fun the weekend before.  Or in this case, the whole week before. 

You see, last week, I got to see lotsa family, and stay up past my bedtime- WAY past my bedtime, and eat lotsa cookies, and have  HOT COCOA with MARSHMALLOWS when I wanted 'em.  I got go play with little kids, and it was so much fun!

AND it was CHRISTMAS. 

If that isn't an epic week of awesome funness, I don't know what is.

Whoa.  I need to turn my attitude around!
Here's the thing.  Today's Monday, and Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz have gone home.  So even by Monday's standards, today could be construed as an extra letdown.

By that, I mean that today's an extra letdown.  It just is.  Last week was super-fun, and Christmas is THE holiday, and now that it's all over, I just feel kinda blah.

Plus, Daddy's gone back to work today.  It's just for two days, but I still wish he was home with me today. 

So there are lotsa reasons not to like today.  Lotsa reasons.  But what I'm gonna do is turn my attitude around.

It's all about how ya look at things, Friends!
I think Monday will be a lot nicer to us if we're nicer to it.  I think maybe if we make a big deal about today being the Final Monday of Twenty-Thirteen, Monday might start feelin' like a big cheese, and it won't be so mean.  I know it's kinda hard to have compassion for the least-liked day of the week, but let's name off some GREAT Mondays we've enjoyed this year.  For instance, think of all those Mondays that have made up the third day on a three-day weekend!  The big ones that were my favorite this year were Memorial Day, Labor Day, and the lesser-known Mondays where Daddy didn't go to work because he was on vacation!

See, if ya look hard enough, there's something good about most things, even Mondays.  And just think of how much fun today would be if we sent off Twenty-Thirteen's Mondays with a pinata.

I really wanna celebrate something with a pinata, Friends!  I really do!  Hahahahahaha!  I love ya!  Muah!




No comments:

Post a Comment