Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

With a Little Help From My Friends!

I still love apples!
Hiya, Big People!  How's your Friday the Twentieth going?  I'm doing all right.  Hanging tough during this Holiday Season. 

You know, ever since Halloween, when I got candy, it's been a little bit more difficult to stay on track with eating what's good for me.  Yeah, I still eat bananas like they're going out of style.  I still enjoy a good apple.  But I just can't get it out of my head, the wonder of CHOCOLATE! 

Nothing compares to apples for a crunchy-sweet, healthy bite!
A couple weeks back, Daddy took me to Tractor Supply Company, and he bought a bag of those candies with peanut butter inside little chocolate cups.  Oh, my GOODNESS!  They're just wonderful!  They really are! 

I think they're called "Reese's Peanut Butter Cups," but I think I'm gonna call 'em "OH MY GOODNESS WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE??? Butter Cups."

That's how I feel about 'em.  I just love those things!

I see, Rozz. So I should eat more apples and less peanut butter cups?
I hafta admit, Friends, that once I got a mouthfulla that wonderful chocolate and the salty-sweet peanut butter, I had a hard time thinking of anything else. 

I'm starting to see why you Big People have sucha hard time keeping straight your "should-eats" and "wanna-eats."  Until recently, I just wanted to eat!

Well, it was startin' to get outta hand. 

Gee, guys, Rozzie gave me a lot to think about!
Mommy would say, "What would you like to eat for breakfast, Zoe?"

I'd say, "Chocolate!"

Mommy would ask me what I wanted for lunch, and I'd say, "PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!"

I didn't want yogurt.  I didn't want bananas.  I wanted PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!  I wanted CHOCOLATE!

It made for some awkward moments in the kitchen at mealtimes, because of course Mommy wouldn't let me have peanut butter cups and chocolate for my whole entire meal. It was a problem.  A big problem.

  
Friends, I'm gonna get this Peanut Butter Cup monkey off my back, with the help of my friends!
Rozzie got all my friends together, and they all talked to me about how I should be happy with chocolate for a sometimes treat, but I can enjoy things like apples-n-bananas-n-oranges often!  They gave me a lot to think about. 

They also let me know I'm not alone.  When I think I need chocolate or peanut butter cups... delicious, delicious chocolate or peanut butter cups... what's that? ... Right.  Whenever I think I need those things, my friends are here to support me.  They're gonna get me walking.  They're gonna remind me to have a drinka water.  Am I really hungry, or am I bored, thirsty, or bored?  If I'm really hungry, I can have a piece-a-fruit.  Maybe some string cheese.

I can do this.  I've got my friends!  Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cups aren't gonna push this little kid around!  No they aren't!  Rah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment