Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Zo-Lympics

I don't wanna let down my Zo-Lympic team!
Hiya, Big People!  Well, it's that time of year again.  Time for the Zo-Lympics.  That's right.  The Zo-Lympics.  And I'll tell ya what.  I've been trainin' hard.  I've been doin' my cardio.  I've been liftin' weights.  I've been practicing donkey-kicks and climbing. 

You see, every year at this time, my Company puts on these Zo-Lympics, and every department has a team.  I'm on my department's team, along with Sabretooth and some of the Little Giraffes.  We've been running and jumping and flipping and tumbling.

The Zo-Lympics isn't like the regular Olympics where everybody has a sport they're good at, and they train for years-n-years.  No.  In the Zo-Lympics, every team has to be represented in every event by at least one person, regardless of whether or not anyone on the team has any actual aptitude for the event.  And everyone on the team has to participate in at least one event.

I'm pumped up and ready to compete!  I'm ready for glory! No defeat!
Now, Sabretooth has us covered in the Decathlon.  There isn't much Sabretooth can't do, and one of those things he's really good at is shooting T-shirts out of a T-shirt launcher.  This is a really handy skill to have when you're in a Decathlon.

My friends Penelope and Pinky are going to do the Six-Legged Three-Legged race.  We're just lucky as all get-out that we have members of our department who have four legs, so configuring those legs for the Six-Legged Three-Legged race is just a matter of strategic division.  Some departments don't have any four-leggers, so their six-legged race teams hafta be four people.  We've been watching them practice for their Six-Legged Three-Legged racing, and I've gotta say, they have their work cut out for them in that event!
Practicing my winner's podium pose!
As for me, my main Zo-Lympic event is the Obstacle Course Extravaganza.  It's a lot like the Decathlon that Sabretooth is representing us in, except I don't need to launch any Tshirts with a Tshirt launcher.  I hafta run over, around, under, and through lotsa stuff.  I've gotta be ready for anything.

Well, not fire, or tennis balls being shot at me, or barbed wire or electric fence.  It's a company Zo-Lympics, not a Tough Mudder Race! 

I guess they DO use shaving cream and bubbles and Jell-O brand gelatin dessert to hide the flags I've gotta find in order to get the most points for my team!

So it's pretty exciting, training with my department for the Zo-Lympics.  It's fun to do something together besides TPS Reports.  You know what I mean, Friends?

And the winning department gets a Donut Party in the Conference Room!  How about that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment