Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Holiday Dance Extravaganza Rehearsals

We get to wear some sharp costumes!
Hiya, Friends!  How's your Monday going?  I'm doing all right.  Here at The Daily Zoe, we're experiencing a departure from the norm because we're in rehearsals for our Holiday Dance Extravaganza. 

There's a little bit of everything for everybody in our Holiday Dance Extravaganza.  We have a little line dancing, some interpretive dancing, some salsa dancing, some tumbling, some rhythmic ribbon dancing, some Irish step dancing, some tap, ballet, and jazz dancing, boiled dance, fried dance, dance scampi...

Hold on.  Did I just say "dance scampi?" ... I did?

Sorry about that, Friends.  When you're in rehearsals like we've been today, ya get kinda hungry, and ya start thinking of everything as food, and also, when I was listing all the different dances we're doing in our company Dance Extravaganza, I started channeling Bubba Gump.  Apologies!

We use stage lights and strobe lights and a DISCO BALL!
Now, not all of us are in all the numbers.  For instance, I'm not really into ballet dancing.  That's the realm of the Little Giraffes and also Frannie Flamingo from the Data Processing Department.  Did you know flamingos were so graceful, Friends?  It's new to me, but I guess they really are!  I do a little of the tap.  Some of the jazz.  Making Jazz Hands is my favorite dance move right now!  Most of my numbers are in the "Freeform Fusion" segments.  I like to do a little bit of everything, and just dance 'cause it's fun for me, not because I'm taking it super-seriously. 

When they were making up the programs, they decided that calling the dancers like me "Freeform Fusion," instead of "The People Who Work Here and Haven't Demonstrated Any Real Proficiency Or Interest In Established Dancing Disciplines" sounded a little nicer.  Plus, it fit on the program better. 

Basically, I love the Freeform Fusion style of dancing.  I can be anything I wanna be when I'm dancing this way.  I dance like nobody's watching, just like the inspirational poster says to do.  You know the one: "Sing Like Nobody's Listening, Dance Like Nobody's Watching, Love Like You've Never Been Hurt Before, and Don't Steal Sabretooth's Yogurt Outta the Fridge!"

It's hard work, dancing, but it's so much fun!
I don't know if everybody's inspirational poster has that part about Sabretooth's yogurt.  Ours hangs in our break room, and the part about Sabretooth and his yogurt is written in different print than the rest of the poster, and also, it's written in red marker.  But I've pretty much taken to heart everything the poster says.  I sing like nobody's listening and dance like nobody's watching, because it's good for my soul.  I love like I've never been hurt before, because I've never been hurt before in love.  I mean, Prince Tuesday from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood has never returned any of my calls or emails, but he's probably just busy, and I feel just mildly rejected and not hurt.

And I don't steal Sabretooth's Yogurt Outta the Fridge, because that's just good sense.  I love Sabretooth, and he's one of my best friends, but he doesn't have those big teeth for nothing.  You know what I'm saying?

Well, I'd better skedaddle, Friends.  Break's over, and we're back to rehearsing.  In fact, my number I'm rehearsing right now is with Sabretooth, Appie the Monkey, and Mitch from Accounting- yes, THAT Mitch!  And it's called "The Fiddle-Faddle Skedaddle!"  You wouldn't believe the footwork involved!  All right, Friends!  I'll catch ya tomorrow!  Dance like nobody's watchin', and remember how much your pal Zoe loves ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment