Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Chocolate, Sweet Chocolate!

Chocolate should have its own area code!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Sunday to you.  Whenever I say the day of the week "Sunday," it makes me think of the delicious ice cream treat called the "Sundae," and when I think of sundaes, hot fudge readily springs to mind.  Hot fudge is made from chocolate, and that's what I wanna talk to you about today.

Chocolate.

You see, Friends, chocolate is just so wonderful.  It's sweet and delicious.  It melts in your mouth, in your hands, in a fondue pot, a double boiler, in the microwave...

Chocolate goes great in cookies, covering candy bars, in hot beverages.  Chocolate makes delicious, delicious cakes and brownies.

Many foods try to be as awesome as chocolate, but they just don't quite get there.  Carob tries to be as awesome as chocolate; it tries to fool everybody into thinking it IS chocolate. 

Carob is Chocolate's evil twin, bent on world domination through lookalike deception, and I don't think we oughtta stand for it, Friends!  We ought not take that!  We deserve better than Carob!

Bleck.

Chocolate, though.  Chocolate makes everything better.  There's a reason in Harry Potter, after the Dementors have been around, that they eat a piece of chocolate.  It just lifts ya right outta the doldrums with one bite.  (Pssssst- brilliant thought here: I think the Dementors must carry around carob in their weird and tatty robes- how else can you explain the despair and dismay they bring with 'em?  'Here, kid!  Have some chocolate,' says the Dementor.  'Okay!' says the unsuspecting kid, and s/he takes a bite.  'Bleck!  This is CAROB, Dementor!  This is CAROB and now I'm depressed!'  'Muahahahahahahahahaha!' says the Dementor.  The jerk.)

Chocolate makes me feel healthy and strong, Friends.  I hope it makes you feel healthy and strong, too.  I love the heck right outta ya, Big People, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment