Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hyperlinks

You'd think there'd be hypolinks to counterbalance hyperlinks!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Tuesday!  Happy July First!

Hey, if you didn't notice, my post yesterday was fulla hyperlinks.  You know.  Those things that you can click on, and they have an Internet address embedded in 'em, so when you click on a word, your web browser takes you to a completely other destination on the World Wide Web.

Well, anyway, yesterday, I really overdid it with the hyperlinks, and I realize the expected thing for me to do today, in my post about hyperlinks would be to fill this one up with all kindsa hyperlinks, as well, but like i said, I kinda overused the medium yesterday.

But I was thinking about these hyperlinks, and the word itself.  We all know what a link is, and I don't really think there's an opposite to the word "link."  Un-link, maybe, but that's just adding "un" to the fronta "link."  BO-ring!

Hyper, though, definitely has an opposite.  When something or someone is hyper, they're just crazy, overactive, in overdrive.  On the opposite side of that is the word hypo.  Hypo means under, like under-active.  You know what I mean?  And in my Big Board Book of Universal Explanations for Phenomena in the Universe, I read that Sir Isaac Newton (no relation to Fig Newton) said that everything has an opposite. 

So, if there's sucha thing as hyperlinks, shouldn't there be hypolinks?  By my reckoning, there oughtta be, but there isn't.  I don't even know how one would work, to suggest such a thing.  And that really upsets me.  Imagine those poor little hyperlinks, wandering around out there in cyberspace with no opposites to keep 'em grounded.

Maybe something like a dead link could be a hypolink.  Hyperlinks take you someplace, so maybe hypolinks take you noplace or Error 404 Island.  You know.  That's what I'm gonna start thinking of dead links as.  Hypolinks.

My sense of universal order is restored, Friends. 

I'll see ya tomorrow!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment