Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Lemons-n-Lemonade-n-Life

Keep some water and sugar on-hand in case Life throws ya lemons!
Hiya, Big People!  You know that saying 'When Life hands ya lemons, make lemonade!'

Well, I love lemons as much as the next kid, but I realize there's a little more to lemonade than just lemon juice.  I love to suck on lemons when I'm in restaurants where Mommy gets them with her iced tea, but if I were challenged to drink a whole cuppa lemon juice, I think I'd probably hafta excuse myself from the table and go hide for a little bit.

What I'm sayin' is that it's great to think of lemonade when you get some lemons thrown atchya, but I think it's important to have some things on hand.  Namely, water and sugar. 

It's so important to have those things on hand, because you don't know when those lemons from Life might come your way.  You don't wanna get caught unprepared. 

I understand that the lemons-n-lemonade thing is a metaphor.  I really do, Friends.  The lemons are things that Life can throw at ya that could be seen as negative or sour.  I think everybody gets that.  So I'll do ya one better than that.  The water and sugar are also a metaphor.  They're metaphors for coping mechanisms, ways to deal with those lemons life can throw ya. 

I don't care if we're talking about real lemons, water, and sugar, or figurative ones.  It's important to keep some figurative sugar and water on hand all the time.  It just is. 

How about that, Friends?!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment