Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Cinco de Julio

The days after holidays need catchier names.
Hiya, Friends!  Well, how'd your Independence Day go?  Part of me really wants to call this day "Cinco de Julio."  I think that's catchy as all get-out!

Actually, I really think every day-after holiday deserves a catchy name.  I mean, what is today other than "The day after the Fourth of July?"  Might just as well call today "Cold Meatloaf, Left Over From Thursday Night's Meh-lll."

That isn't saying that cold leftover meatloaf doesn't have its merits, Friends.  But who really gets all excited for cold leftover meatloaf?  I mean, really?

So.  Today just happens to be the Fifth of the month, yesterday was a holiday, today's a leftover, but it doesn't hafta be that way.  Enter Cinco de Julio.  Sounds festive as all get out, doesn't it?

Today is whatever you make it, Friends.  I'm giving my Saturday the Tex-Mex treatment with a side of guac and cilantro slaw.  You can give yours whatever kind of treatment you want, Friends!  It's a free country!

I love ya lots!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment