Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Hot Topics!

You mean all this time, I've been orderin' Hot Topics, but they're really called Hot Topics?
Hiya, Friends!  Greetings, Big People!  Happy Friday to you!

Friends, have you ever misread or misheard something?  I sure as heck have.  In fact, if you go exploring through this very weblog, you will probably see healthy documentation of me mis-hearing things.  You definitely would, over on my picture show on The Facebook.

Sometimes, my mistakes really embarrass me because other people think they're so funny.

What I'm specifically talking about here, Big People, is that down in the cafeteria of my office building, all this time, I've been orderin' Hot Topics for lunch.  And the people at the counter swipe my identification credential to charge my lunch account, and then they give me a pocket of breadish stuff with food inside.  They also laugh, every time I order a Hot Topic. 

Well, the other day, my pal Rhoda the Little Giraffe happened to be behind me in line in the cafeteria, and I ordered my Hot Topic, and she waited until we got to our table before she told me that my hot, pocket-shaped sandwiches are not, in fact, 'Hot Topics,' but are called 'Hot Pockets.'

I suppose that makes sense.  They are a hot sandwich, and they are pockets.  But I'm sad that they're not called 'Hot Topics,' first of all, because I hate being wrong, and second of all, I really thought they were Hot Topics, because whenever I eat one of these in the cafeteria, lively discussion whips up at whichever lunch table I'm sitting at.

I thought there was magic in my hot sandwich that made the lively discussion -the Hot Topics, if you will- start up.  I really thought that was what was going on. 

I guess what I'm saying is the theme of my year of being Two is that I'm wiser but sadder. 

And now I'm hungry for not only a Hot Pocket sandwich, but also I'm hungry for some Hot Topics around the lunchtable, so I'm gonna go.  I love ya lots, Friends, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment