Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Stinky Room!

I wonder how long I can hold my breath in here!
Oh, Friends.  You know, I had a great summer.  I got to ride on a boat, and go to the Lake, and I stayed in my very first hotel.

That's right!  You'd think that a cosmopolitan kiddo like myself would be very well-traveled...a high-roller among hotel high-rollers.  But the fact of the matter is, as much as I travel, if it's an overnight trip, it's been to my Aunt Colleen's house in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. 

So my first stay in a hotel room was pretty interesting, to say the least.  We stayed at a Comfort Inn.  It had a tile roof and looked like a hacienda and everything!

Our room smelled just like an ashtray, though.  Stale and smoky.  I'm not finding fault.  But it took me three shampoos to get the smell out of my hair, and even though it's been almost two months since my stay, sometimes, if I turn my head really fast while I'm breathing through my nose, I could swear that I get a whiff of that stinky room, still.

It haunts me, I guess you could say.

The bright side of the Stinky Room is that now, my expectations are incredibly low for hotel travel.  Why, any other hospitality establishments ought to have a very easy time impressing me.  There's nowhere to go but up, pretty much.  And there's noplace like home!

I love the heck right outta ya, Friends!  And I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment