Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I'm THREE!

Happy Birthday to me!  I'm THREE!  WHEEEE!
Hiya, Big People!  Well, it's that day!  Shortly after midnight overnight, I turned Three Years Old.

In other words, it's my birthday!  How about that?!

You know, I struggled with turning Three a little bit.  Well, it's because I realize that now that I'm Three, I'm not a baby anymore.  I really am not.  And I've been a baby my whole entire life.  I was born being a baby.

But the growing up has been kinda gradual-like, even though when I remember specific things, it seems like it was sudden.  There's a lot of stuff I don't know yet, but I feel pretty prepared to be Three. 

I'll tell ya what's exciting about Being Three, right off the bat.  I don't hafta wear a bib anymore at meals.  Also, I get to order for myself at restaurants.  Remember how I used to LONG for the day when I could get restaurant food, let alone order it for myself?  Also, I get to walk most places these days.  I don't stroll in my stroller.  Don't get me wrong- sometimes it's nice to get to stroll, but mostly, I love to walk.  I get to ride facing forward in the car now, insteadda riding backwards.  I don't hafta sit in restaurant high-chairs.  Or any high chair for that matter.  It's booster seats for this girl, and sometimes, I don't even need that much of a boost!

I can color with crayons and markers and even use pencils and pens.  I have applications on the dang ol' iPads that I can play.  I get to choose my clothes in the morning, and I'm allowed to watch select shows on the television.  I'm pretty handy at paging through books and getting what's going on in them by the pictures, and I'm starting to sort of read along.

No more binkies and bottles, ever!  I can drink from regular, big-people drinking vessels!  And I get root beer!  There was no root beer for me when I was a baby!  Now I can enjoy it in moderation, and it's great!

I feel like my body is finally catching up with my mind.  When I was a baby, there was all kinds of stuff I wanted to do, but I just couldn't.  All I used to be able to do when I was a baby is be a blob.  I loved being cuddled all the time, but that was pretty much all I could do.  Be a cuddly blob, and then I'd fallasleep.

Yes, Friends.  For all my reservations, doubts, and overthinking, I think I'm gonna be just fine with being Three.  I think I'm gonna LOVE it, in fact! 

So here's to another exciting year in my life!

I love ya lots, Friends!  And I'll see ya tomorrow, mmmmkay?  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment