Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Leaf It To Me!

I bet the Lake is pretty, surrounded by changing trees!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Saturday to you!  Are your leaves changing colors where you are? 

The trees with leaves in my necka the woods sure are changing.  I have this one tree, right outside my bedroom window that I love to watch change.  In the winter time, it looks like a bunch of brown sticks.  In the spring, it gets little leaf-buds on it, and then *poof!* leaves!  At least that's the way it seemed this year.  That tree outside my window went from looking like giant sticks to being full-on leafed out, practically overnight!  I don't even remember seein' the little leaf buds this go-around.  I DO remember wondering if we were going to get any leaves on the trees at all this year, or if we were just gonna stay in the cold weather all year.  But, the leaves DID come out.

I guess that's why I'm so glad that we're getting a little transition time with the leaves as they turn colors from green to a spectacular color show.  Back to my maple tree outside my window: most of the leaves are golden-color, and they're nice, but there's a little tuft of orangey-red leaves up on the very tippy toppa the tree. I like those orangey-red leaves the best!

My favorite fall leaves are the ones that are so orangey-red that they almost look fluorescent.  I've seen some of those leaves already, when I was riding through the Allegheny National Forest the other weekend.  Those leaves are kinda rare, and they're eye-catching! 

I love all the different color leaves, Friends.  I think the leaves' color changes are Nature's way of making it up to us because the flowers start to go away this time of year.  And that's okay.

Friends, I'm gonna go on a leaf walk right now.  I hope you go on one where you are, too!  Summer's really, really over now, so we might as well greet Fall as the singularly sensational season that it is!  I love ya lots, and I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment