Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

What a Wonderful World!

It really IS a wonderful world, Friends!
Hiya, Big People!  How are you doing today?  Is Saturday the Thirteenth treatin' you okay?  I've gotta say, it's doin' all right by me, as far as I'm concerned!

You know, I've been listenin' to a lot of music.  Music is kind of my thing.  And there's a song by a fella named Louis Armstrong called "What a Wonderful World" that I really love to listen to.  I mean, I've loved this song since I was a baby, so we're going WAY back, Friends!

I love the tune and the harmony and the instrumentation, but it's the words that really speak to me, Friends, I suppose as words are wont to do.  (Yes, I said 'wont to do.' Now that I'm Three, I've decided my prose needs to be more sophisticated sometimes!)

The song talks about green trees and red roses, bright blessed days and dark sacred night.  Skies of blue and clouds of white.

Goodness, Friends. When I think of all those things, I stop and say 'what a wonderful world,' too.  I'd write a song about it, but someone already did.  I suppose if I had to add my own things to what makes the world wonderful, it'd be my fluffy white dog Rozzie, and root beer, and the way the sun comes through my window to say hello every morning, except when it rains, and even then, I like to think the rain is playing me a little song.  Zinnias blooming makes me think of how wonderful the world is, because I remember helping Mommy plant those Zinnias, and they were just seeds, and now they're taller than I am and just so colorful.  Playgrounds.  I LOVE playgrounds, Friends.  You can't be mad for long if you're playing on a swing and a slide, and that's why I firmly believe they oughtta make playgrounds big enough for Big People to play on, too.

There's a lot of things that make this world wonderful if you let 'em, Friends.

I love the heck right out of you, Big People!  And I'll see ya tomorrow, mmmmkay?  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment