Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Batter Up!

Pancake Batter is my favorite!
Hiya, Friends!  In today's accompanying photograph, you can see that I'm all in my Batting Stance.  I betchya didn't know I was the athletic type, and trust me, you're just as surprised as I am, and vicey-versa!

In honor of my athleticism, I'd like to talk to you about batters. 

My all-time favorite batter is pancake batter, on accounta Daddy makes me pancakes, so when there's pancake batter, that means Daddy's home and is makin' me some pancakes.  The days where Daddy's home and he stays home with me are just the best days ever.

But I also love cake batter, because when you put cake batter in the oven, a CAKE comes out in fifty minutes!  I just love cake.  Even better if it's cake in a cup.  (See what I did there?  When I mention 'cupcakes' by name, people start to squawkin' about how I have a "problem" with cupcakes, and then I hafta go into all that again about how I have no problem with cupcakes, but what I have a problem with is not havin' cupcakes, and then things get all ugly, and there's talk of sendin' me to cupcake rehab, and it's just a mess.)

Ummm... There's beer-batter, too.  Now, beer-batter is different from pancake batter, cake batter, brownie batter, and the like.  It's different because when you make beer-batter, you don't put it in the oven and have a beer come out.  That isn't how it works, and that really surprised me!  No!  It's called beer-batter because you put beer IN the batter and then you dip fish in it and fry it and it makes a crunchy, fluffy, crunchy shell around the fish.  Which is better for people like me, anyways, because I don't think I'm really interested in beer at the present juncture between space and time on the spacetime continuum.

Unless you're talkin' about root beer, which, coincidentally, goes GREAT with pancakes, cakes, brownies, AND beer-battered fish!

Goodness.  I've just realized I'm really hungry, Friends.  Not sure why.  But I'm gonna go see what's in the fridge.  I'll be back tomorrow to see ya.  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment