Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

XTreme Wardrobing with Zoe!

In my defense, I wear my clothes a LOT before I outgrow 'em!
Hiya, Friends! Hey, I know it looks like I'm always eatin' when I see you, these days, and the fact of the matter is, I'm pretty much always hungry.  That's just how it is.  I think I might be ready to take a growin' spurt.  The tall way, not the wide way.

You see, I was lookin' at the dang ol' Oshkosh b'Gosh retail website on the Internets, and there's some really nice clothes that I'd like to wear from there, but a complicating factor standing between me and a Whole New Wardrobe is that I've got me a whole closet fulla clothes that I don't seem to be ready to out-grow just yet!

Friends, I'm still wearin' some of the clothings I was wearin' before I could walk.  See my Hello Kitty shirt in my picture?  I got that in October, 2012, the very weekend I started taking a few tentative steps (and then fallin' right down!).  It was from Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz, who have instilled a lifelong love of Hello Kitty in me.  So I've been wearin' that little Tshirt for over two years, and it still fits me great.  Those spider-web BabyLegs?  I got those when I was a newborn.  The tutu-skirt I wore my very first Easter. 

Not with the Hello Kitty Tshirt.  I love the look, but I suppose it's a little too punk-rock for a kid's first Easter. 

But what the heck.  I'll still be wearin' that Tshirt by this Easter, which will actually be my FOURTH Easter Sundee, and maybe now that I've got a few of these Easters under my belt, I can go a little punk-rock.  I'll put on my fluorescent hi-top sneaks with this outfit, and I think I'll be all set. 

Hey, could somebody write down that outfit idea for me?  ... Also, add in that I'll wear my vegan leather jacket that I got for Christmas in 2013- it's size 2T, but I'm not outgrowin' it anytime soon, and I think it'll provide just the right amount of edge to this outfit. ... Thanks!

Other things have gone in my Bin of Outgrown Clothings, but not because I outgrew 'em.  No.  They're in the Bin on account of they're snap-suits, and I've gotta wear things I can pull up and down all on my own, because... well, you know.  Snapsuits and big girl undies don't mix.  They most certainly do not!

Thing of it is, I HAVE been growing.  I'm taller than I used to be, and I know this because I can finally wear my Size Nine Months and Size Twelve Months pants. In fact, they fit me pretty perfectly... around my middle.  On the up and down portion of my leg, they fit me somewhere between Bermuda shorts and clam-digger pants.  Also, I'm still wearin' some of my Size 3-6 months skirts.  They're really short, so I wear bloomers and BabyLegs or a pair of my 9 or 12-month pants underneath- for a 1988 vibe!

What about pants that are built for my actual size?  The 2Ts and 3Ts of the world?  They fit me the tall ways, but around my middle, they're more huge than a Fucillo dealership.  I can wear 'em, but I hafta have my personal tailor take a tuck in the waist.  And at the rate I'm goin', I'll be goin' to kindergarten in those pants!  I'll just be the kid with the pants that go halfway up my legs. 

Settin' me up to be a freak already, Mommy is.  But I suppose it's a thing to be kinda proud of, my XTreme Wardrobing.  I get Mommy's money's worth outta my clothings.  I really do.  So there's that. 

All righty, Friends!  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment