Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

National Hat Day

I didn't forget my hat; I just didn't know it was a thing today.
Hiya, Big People!

Well, if you know me, you know that I love obscure and esoteric celebrations.  Crazy holidays, if you will.  So periodically, I go searching on the Internets for just that sort of thing. 

When I woke up this morning, I said, 'Zoe, today sure feels like it oughtta be a holiday of some sort,' and after I looked it up on the Internets, I found that darn tootin', I was right!

No, it isn't 'Talk Like a Wild West Weirdo Day.'  That's celebrated later in the year.  I just kind of got in a rut, thinking about Julius and the Wild West Bananza and started talking all weird. 

I apologize for that.

No.  Today, the Fifteenth of January, is actually "National Hat Day."  I think that's pretty fitting, seeing as how I wouldn't go outside without a hat on, this time of year.  We might as well make a Day of it and celebrate wearin' our hats. 

Now, you'll notice that I'm not wearing a hat in my picture.  That's because I didn't know it was National Hat Day until I consulted the Internets for today's topic, and also because I'm not outside.  Not right now.  I'm inside where it's nice and warm.  So if I were to put on a hat in this moment, that'd sort of be overachieving, and also, my head would get all sweaty and my hair'd be messed up.  Ultimately, if I wore my hat inside, let my head get all sweaty, and then I happened to put on my coat and saunter outside as one does, I'd probably wind up with pneumonia or something, when that cold air got to my sweaty hat-head.

Nobody likes pneumonia!

So I think what I'm gonna do, once I letchyoo go for today, Friends, is fold myself a paper hat.  Simple and stylish, right there.  I'm not sure how to do so, but I'm sure there's a YouTube instructional video to show me the steps.  And a video by the talking pets.  I just love those guys!  "You're the turkey type!"  Ha!

Well, Friends.  I'd better skedaddle!  I love the heck right outta ya!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment