Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Disney Princess Canon

I don't think princess movies are my cup of rootbeer.
Hiya, Big People! 

Well, after my recent trip to see Disney Princesses and Heroes on Ice, I've decided that I ought to familiarize myself with the various Disney Princesses, especially those that I saw skating on the ice on Saturday.  Like I mentioned in yesterday's post, I wasn't really all that familiar with anyone, except for the Frozen crew. 

I purchased a copy of "Cinderella" and "The Little Mermaid" at Sam's Club on Saturday night and tried watching "The Little Mermaid" on Sunday at my house. 

Yes, I tried. 

Friends, I think maybe princess movies just aren't my thing.  I know a lot of other little kids my age, other little girls, especially just love 'em.  But not me.  And I don't think that makes me a weird little girl.  I DO like princessy things.  I love wearin' tutu skirts.  I love the movie "Frozen."

But I love watchin' Cars and Planes, and playin' with my blocks and toy car I get to tinker on.  I love doin' art.  I love bein' a Doctor of Humorous Healing. 

I don't think that makes me weird.  I think that makes me Me.  So I'm a little different from the little girls who are all about all the Princess movies.  So I don't know Sleeping Beauty from Cinderella.  I have time to learn all that, if I wanna, someday.  I have a lot of fun, and I'm happy.  I'm a happy person.  I'm a happy little kid.  I don't hafta fit all the way in for that.  People like me, just the way I am.  I like me, just the way I am.

That's pretty much all that matters to me, Friends. 

That's that, Friends!  Heck.  I love ya lots.  I really do.  No matter what you're into.  How about THAT?! 

Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment