Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Archeological Artifacts!

Look! It's an outside phone you put money in so you can talk to your friends!
Friends, recently I traveled to the mythical Land of Ohio, and I saw many amazing things. 

Perhaps one of the most amazing things I saw was at the Welcome Center, not long after we arrived in Ohio.  You're not going to believe this, Big People, but they had this telephone outside, kinda sheltered from the elements by something like a booth, I suppose.  And on the telephone, there were slots for you to put different denominations of coins.  I have never seen anything like this in my whole entire life, but I think it's a really good idea!

I mean, sure, everybody has a cellular telephone these days, but I kinda like the idea of retro technology, and also, sometimes a cellular tower is down, or there just isn't one in a place.  Having a telephone you can put coins into in exchange for being allowed to make a call just seems like a brilliant idea to me.

And back to the little phone-house that was like a booth.  How brilliant would it be if places installed these little phone-houses in their establishments, so that if your cellular telephone rings while you're shopping in a store or dining in a restaurant, or waiting in a waiting room, insteadda just blabbing all over the place on your telephone, or going into the bathroom to use a bathroom stall to talk in, you could remove yourself to one of these little telephone houses... heck... Let's just call it a telephone-booth, for simplicity's sake.  This way, you could be ensured of having a quiet, private spot to continue your telephone conversation, and the people in the restaurant, store, waiting room, or bathroom can go about their lives without having to feel awkward because you're having a loud one-sided private conversation in a public venue. 

Somebody really ought to look into this telephone-booth thing.  I think it's a GREAT idea!

Hey.  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow, Friends!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment