Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

When My Words Fail Me

Not all my jokes work out the way I envision they will.
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Friday to you!

You know, some people see me as a pretty witty Little Kid, and those people are just tops in my book.  It really is nice to have my special skill-set noticed and acknowledged, you know?

However, as witty a Little Kid as I am, sometimes my jokes and one-liners kinda fall flat.  I'm not sure if they just don't live up to my original intention and hope for them, or if something gets lost sometime between joke concept and joke execution, but sometimes, my words just leave everybody sayin' huh?! insteadda HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What's a kid to do in sucha situation?  Well, I'll tell ya what, Big People!  I admit that I do feel a little embarrassed when a joke or witticism I say falls flat, but I don't draw too much attention to my embarrassment.  First of all, if I don't act all embarrassed, there's always the possibility that my audience (those to whom I'm speaking), might think that I'm just a little too high-concept for them to understand, and in which case, they don't want to draw attention to their own bewilderment at the things that have come outta my mouth.  Also, I wouldn't wanna suggest such and make 'em feel bad.  Or worse, have 'em ask me to expound.  Because then, I'd expose my own acknowledgement of my words fallin' flat.

So I don't act all embarrassed.  Sometimes if I've really laid an egg, I announce it, though.  I'll say 'Welp, better put some construction cones out around that joke!  It needs some Work!'  and make the flatness part of the joke.

I never let a failed joke or witticism stop me from telling more jokes and witticisms, though, Friends.  Nobody likes a winner all the time, so I try to keep that in mind.  I'll win some jokes, and I'll lose some jokes.  Either way, it's nothing to get all torn up about.

Hey.  I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment