Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Happy Birthday, ME!

I think I'm gonna like bein' four years old, Friends!
Well, hiya, Friends!  Happy Wednesday, and happy birthday to ME!

That's right.  I am four years old today, and I like it.

I don't really have any special plans for today, really.  I'm gonna have some birthday cake.  Mommy and Daddy have a coupla presents for me that I'll get to open a little later on.  I like havin' a pre-birthday and a regular birthday.  It stretches out the specialness over a longer period of time.  I like that!

I keep thinkin' back to my very first birthday.  I was at the hospital, I remember.  They made me wear a little hat and I was always wrapped up in blankets.  It made me really sleepy, that little hat, and all those blankets.  I mean so sleepy that I couldn't keep my eyes open!

And every time I fell asleep, I'd wake up in a clear plastic box with wheels!  That was something!  I remember specifically asking for cake, since it was my birthday, and all.  I figured the hospital would at least bring me cake.  I'd heard all about birthday cake.  No such luck.  If they heard me, they did a darn good job of ignoring my requests for cake. 

Right off the bat, I learned that as a Noob, I hadn't oughtta trust people over two, because they'll just act like they can't hear the words coming out of your mouth and make it all out that you're just crying.  And they don't give ya cake.  Pfffft.

But I had plenty of people around on my Very First Birthday.  No shortage of hugs from grandparents and Daddy and Mommy.  That was nice.  I love hugs.

And in true My Family fashion, the celebrating wasn't over after the sun went down on my Very First Birthday.  Nope!  The next day was a Saturday, and I met Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz for the very first time, and they brought me a BALLOON for my Very First Birthday!  How about that?!

And then when I came home for the Very First Time, I got to meet Rozzie, my best pal. 

That Very First Birthday was really great and definitely a hard one to top, but I've loved all my birthdays since. 

Thank you for stoppin' in to see me today, anyways, Friends! I love ya!  Muah!  I'll see ya tomorrow!


1 comment: