Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

ContempLAKEtion

I'm deep in a state of ContempLAKEtion today.  And always.
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Sunday to you!

Well, ya know, it's going on two months since my wonderful lake vacation with my family, and during these times, I like to take some time to reflect upon why I love the Lake so very much.

It isn't really that I love to swim.  I mean, I'll get in the water and such, for a time.  But the water in Seneca Lake is pretty chilly.  That's okay.  I like to ride in the kayak for a bit, but even then, I like to do other things.  I'm pretty happy playin' at the water's edge, looking for treasures like smoothed glass and interesting shells that wash up on the rocks.  I love havin' roasted marshmellas down by the fire, sure, but I don't hafta be at the whole LAKE to be able to do that.

I think what I love most about goin' to the Lake is that it's outside of my Normal Routine.  Daddy isn't at work.  Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz are right there to play with me, whenever I want.  Gramma and Pop-Pop are right there; I don't even hafta get in the car to see 'em!  I get to stay up late and avoid taking naps, and nobody makes me feel guilty for either.  I mean, bein' at the Lake is where it's at.  All my favorite people gathered in one place for a whole entire week.  It doesn't get much better than that.

I think that's why I am so insistent upon keepin' the Spirit of my Lake Vacation alive, even after it's been over for a coupla months.  It's not livin' in the past at all, Friends; I like to think of it as keepin' my Happy Times closeby.

So in that spirit, I have some ContempLAKEtion to do today.  I love ya lots, Friends, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment