Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Reflections

This sure is a wild ride, Big People!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Sunday to you!

Well, ya know, I'm gonna be four soon.  On Wednesday, actually.  I'm pretty excited.  I mean, who wouldn't be?  I've heard some great things about Four.

But I can't help but reflect on Three, in my final days of being this age.

I'm not gonna lie.  Three was kind of turbulent for all of us.  It was turbulent for me, especially, and I think people kinda forget that.  From my point of view, there's all the turbulence that comes with being Two, but more.  You know how it is.  The eternal struggle of a Little Kid knowing they could do things Big People do, and the imperiousness of the Big People.  The constant underestimation.

It isn't nice or fun, but it's a fact of Little Kid Life.

Anyways, like I said, I've heard a lot of good things about Four.  I'm lookin' forward to being treated more like a Big Person and less like a Little Kid.  Maybe bein' allowed to help more in the kitchen.  I got a taste for that sort of thing during my Year of Being Three.  I like it.  Also, I look forward to being allowed to help clean the house.  Particularly, I have my eyes on that can of Pledge.  The things I could clean with that can of Pledge! 

But I'm not planning on getting too big to ride the luggage cart at hotels my family and I may stay at. Or being too sophisticated for the coin-operated rides at the mall.  I also plan to maintain my fandom of the toy department of every store that has one.

I think Four's gonna be pretty nice, Friends.  I still have a few days left of bein' Three, but I wanted to thank ya for helping make Three sucha great age for me, despite the turbulence.  I love the dickens right outta ya, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment