Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

September Eleventh

In some ways we are different, but in so many ways, we are the same.
Hiya, Friends! Usually, I'd say "Happy Friday," and while I DO want ya to be happy today, I understand that today is a day for remembrance and reflection.

I was born ten years after the terrorist attacks of September Eleventh.  In fact, I came home from the hospital on a cold and rainy September Eleventh, 2011, which I hear is the exact opposite of the warm and sunny September Eleventh of 2001. 

I understand that I'm growing up in a very different world than all of you who are old enough to remember 9/11/2001.  I'm not sure if it's a better or worse world... aspects are better, aspects are worse.  It's just...different

I do hope that my generation never has to know the horror of a day like 9/11/2001.  I do hope your generation never has to live to see another day of horrors like 9/11/2001.

Friends, we're all Just People.  Every single one of us, around the world. Strip away the politics and the religion and the geographical boundaries and the language differences, and we are all Just People.  We're all connected.  My friend Daniel Tiger has a perfect saying for this: "In some ways we are different, but in so many ways, we are the same."

In so many ways, we are the same, Friends. 

I love ya lots, Big People.  I really do.  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow.  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment