Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

If I Ever Need To Write on a Mirror....

...I'll just use my left hand!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Friday to you!

Well, ya know, I've had my cast on for the last two weeks.  It's on my right hand, which is the hand I write with.  Hey... does that make it my "write hand?"  I suppose it would, in some circles.  You know the kind I'm talking about...

Anyways, it isn't that there's a real problem that my right hand is unusable, but it has definitely slowed me down some.  I've been usin' my left hand to eat and play and stuff.  I've even been adventurous and been usin' my left hand to write, color, and draw!  How the heck right about that?!

Now, you wouldn't notice much of a difference between my right-hand writin' and colorin' and my left-handed version for things like capital As and Is and 1s and 8s.  Those kindsa letters and numbers look the same whether they're comin' or goin'. 

Where things get really interested in my left-handed adventures is when I hafta make any letter or number that definitely has a specific way it likes to point.  When I write 'em with my left hand, they come out BACKWARDS!  Isn't that rich?  I thought for sure Mommy would flip out on me for writin' things backwards, but she says it's pretty normal for the Opposite Hand to do things backwards from the Regular Hand, especially when a kid's just learnin' to write, period, let alone with the Other Hand. 

You know, I think it's pretty cool, writin' backwards.  I feel like this is an important skill to cultivate.  Ya never know when you're gonna hafta write a note that needs to be read in a mirror.  Think about it, Friends!  It's just something that doesn't come up when a person's setting their life goals, but then one day, it turns out ya really need to know how, and there ya have it.  You're really glad ya learned how to write backwards that one day when you were four and you broke your arm, ridin' your bike off the couch.

Maybe I'm projecting a little bit.  It's okay. 

Hey, Friends!  I've gotta go.  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment