Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

On Outgrowin' the Baby Swing!

Autonomy in my playtime is a really big deal for me now!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Thursday to you!

Well, ya know, Spring's gonna be comin' pretty darn soon, and I for one am lookin' forward to doin' some serious playin' on my swingset outside in the yard. I hafta wait for my arm to heal up and get my cast off, but then, hopefully it'll be warm enough for me to play outside.

I love to play outside, and I've been the proud owner of an old-school metal A-frame swingset since 2014.  Thing of it is, the first coupla years I had the swingset, I had to ride in the red baby swing.  Sure, it was safe, secure, and had its own tray-table, but I couldn't just casually decide I wanted to go swing.  I had to ask Mommy to go out with me, and get me all duded up in the swing's harness, then push me, because have you ever tried to make a baby swing go by itself from inside the baby swing?  It's nigh onto bein' impossible.  You need a push from a parent or responsible adult or somebody.

I'll tell ya what, though, Friends.  This year, I get to ride on the big kid swings on my swingset.  And I can do it all by myself.  I've already signed my agreement with Mommy not to break any more bones, so soon's the weather changes to Warm, I will be swingin' with the best of 'em!  How about that?!

Friends, I thought life would get all sad when I outgrew that red baby swing, but I'll tell ya what... this is only the beginning.

I love ya lots, and I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment