Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2016

We've Been Through A Lot Lately

We might not be perfect, Rozz, but we're perfect together, you-n-me!
Hiya, Big People! 

Hey, you know, my pal Rozzie and I have sure been through a lot lately, haven't we?  I mean, she had the surgery on that cyst on her back, and I went and rode my bike off the couch and broke my radius.

Bein' on the outside lookin' in at all the extra attention Rozzie was getting made bein' hurt seem really rad.  She got lots of extra pets and hugs and kisses after her surgery, and she also got lotsa extra cookies. 

I thought bein' hurt looked kinda rad.  I thought I was pretty clever, gettin' hurt myself.  But now that I've been through it, I see what a pain in the butt it is to be hurt.  I realize that Rozzie got all those extra hugs and kisses and pets and cookies after her surgery because havin' drains that need flushed and havin' stitches must HURT!  And she handled it all so well. 

I've learned that havin' a broken bone hurts, and then havin' a cast is a nuisance.  I can't play in my sandbox.  I can't take a nice bath like I like to, because I can't get my cast wet.  I can't paint or play with Play-Doh or anything.  I mean, the stickers people give me when I got to restaurants are cool, but... well, I can get stickers without putting forth this kinda pain, I understand.

It could be argued that my broken arm was my own doing.  I'm not sure what to think, myself.  I might have been wanting extra attention like Rozzie was getting, but I don't think I really meant to break my arm.  Also, it seemed like a fun thing to do to ride my bike off the couch!  I wasn't really thinking about being hurt, truth be told.

I've definitely learned my lesson now.

As for Rozzie, you know, she's going to be all right.  She and I have been through a lot lately.  We aren't perfect, but we're perfect together.  I'm glad she's my best pal.

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow.  Don't ride your bike off the couch.  Havin' a cast isn't my patoot, and I bet it isn't yours, either!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment