Pages

Friday, April 8, 2016

It's a Math Day!

I'm declarin' today a Math Day!
Why, hello, Friends!  Happy Friday to you! 

Did you notice that today is Four-Eight-Two Thousand Sixteen?  Even shortened down to Four-Eight-Sixteen, today's pretty much a Math Day. 

You see, Four, Eight, and Sixteen are all doubles of each other.  That fascinates me.  The way I think about it is if I had four brownies, and I cut each one in half.  All of a sudden, I now have EIGHT brownies!  But wait!  There's more!  If I just were to cut each of those eight brownies in half, I'd have SIXTEEN bite-size brownies! 

Yum!

If ya spell out 2016, you can divide it by 4, by 8, and even by sixteen. 

I love days like this, Friends!  When the date can fold all in on itself in mathematical equations, it makes me feel like the Universe is an orderly place, even though to us, it just seems like it's all chaos.  I think it's chaotic to us, on accounta we're all pretty small, compared to the Universe, and we're all up in our own stuff, so we can't see the whole thing.  I think if we could see the whole, entire Universe, we'd see that everything makes sense.  Math Days such as today give us a glimpse that it does.  At least I think so. 

At the very least, it gets me to thinkin' about numbers and brownies.  Math is tasty, so I'm gonna go bake myself up a batch of math.  I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment