Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

It's Monday Already?!

Hello, Monday...we meet the heck right all over again....
Friends, this is disconcerting.  I thought there was supposed to be another day in the Weekend, but as it turns out, I was wrong.  There are no more days to the Weekend and today's Monday.

That's like a slap right in the face with a bucket of cold fish, Friends.  Icy, icy cold fish.  When ya really think about it, that's both unpleasant and stinky.  Bleck.

And that's how I feel when I wake up thinkin' I have a whole extra day to the Weekend, but realize I'm actually smack dab in the middle of Monday.

Now, I realize that it usedta be that every Monday, I'd admonish you Big People to be of good cheer on.  I'd tell ya that it's silly to be miserably one-seventh of the week.  But you know what? I was younger then.  Now I'm older, and the full magnitude of Monday is startin' to settle on me.  I get it now.  I still don't advocate bein' miserable for the full day.  But I'm not gonna give ya the hairy eyeball if you're a little melancholy on Monday morning.

Hey.  I love ya lots, Big People.  I really do!  You go out there and have a tolerable Monday.  Ease into it.  Rumor has it that we get next Monday off!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment