Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Happy Fall, Y'All!

Time to embrace a new season, Friends!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Thursday to you!

Also.  I understand we've had a change of season, and today is the first Day of Fall!  How the heck right about that?

Now, you know I love summertime.  I love the vacation, and I love the warm weather, and I love swimmin'!  There's really not much not to love about summertime, even when it's Quite Hot out. 

But I understand that where I live, year-round summer just isn't a possibility.  The seasons are gonna change, so I refuse to be sad about that.  Gotta accept and acknowledge and adapt, is what I say!

And it is FALL!  I've been seein' the green drainin' out of the leaves on the trees recently, and that's a pretty cool process to behold.  A lotta the trees are gonna wind up gold, I think.  They just have that look about 'em.  I've seen some orange peekin' through the green.  But the real show-stoppers are those red leaves.  Some of the trees have already put out their red leaves, and I'm so glad they have, because red leaves are striking enough with the other fall leaves, but when they get here early, they stand out in such a gorgeous way from their green back-drop, you know?

I was curious about why those red leaves look so striking against all that green, so I consulted my Little Kids Big Board Book of Color Theory and learned that red and green are complementary colors on the color wheel.  They fall opposite each other, so they're an especially potent combination when they're seen out and about together.  Other complementary color pairs are yellow-n-purple and blue-n-orange. Put complementary colors next to each other and be prepared for some serious intensity!

So that's what makes me so excited about Fall.  Lotsa fun things happen in the Fall, but you know, I kinda just like to take in the beauty around me sometimes, too.  Appreciate my world and all!

Hey.  It's still nice weather, Friends!  You go outside and appreciate the fall, too, mmmkay?!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow, mmmkay?  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment