Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2016

My Hope For a Better World

We can make it better, Friends.  We can be better.  We can make this world better, I just know it!
Hiya, Friends!  Today is Sunday, September Eleventh, Two-Thousand Sixteen.  I came home from the hospital exactly five years ago today.  That was a big day for me, as you can imagine, since I saw my house and my room and my Pal Rozzie for the first time ever.

But I'm thinking more about a September Eleventh longer ago than that.  I'm thinking about a late-summer morning, fifteen years ago.  I wasn't around yet, or even thought of, but I've heard about it.  It's been imprinted on the collective subconscious.

It was the kind of morning, a Tuesday that year, that causes such a rift in the fabric of time and space and life that everything that happened prior to that day was Before, and everything that happened or has happened since is After. 

I understand for you Big People that were around on that day, it knocked you off your footing to such a degree that even today, you cannot look at this day on the calendar and feel a deep and overwhelming sadness, even for a moment.  You can't help but wonder if Something isn't going to Happen Again.

I don't know what that's like, Friends, and I sure hope I don't ever have a day of that magnitude in my lifetime.  But hearin' about that day, fifteen years ago, makes me wonder sometimes what I've gone and gotten myself into, bein' born and growin' up in this world.

All I can bring with me is Hope, Friends.  It's all any of us can do.  Hope for a better world.  And with each day we get to be here, all we can do is make a sincere and conscious effort to make it so.  Be kinder and more loving and less afraid.  Insteadda bein' satisfied in not knowing or understanding, make it a point to know and to understand.  We're all the same inside.  We all have bones and blood and muscles.

We all have hearts.

We all have brains.

We need to use 'em.  Now more than ever.

My people, the Little Kids, we don't know this day first-hand.  For us, it's already History.  It is my hope that my people do not repeat this History, Big People Friends.  And I hope yours don't either.

Love one another on this day.  Remember those that were lost and respect the darkness, but please see the little candles shining through to light the way. 

I love ya lots, Friends, and I will see you tomorrow.  I love ya so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment