Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

When Plans and Car Trouble Collide!

Luckily for the Jeep, I have a heart that forgives!
Well, hi there, you good-lookin' Big People!  Happy Wednesday to you!

So!  How's it going? 

Ya know, I'm a Little Kid who likes to have plans.   I'm also a Little Kid who loves cars, especially our Jeep.  In fact, I have adopted the mantra "Mopar or No Car!" as a personal meditation.  I like what I like.  Nothing against what YOU like to be driven around in.  But this isn't a personal essay on the virtues or vices of any make or model mode of conveyance.

It IS about the day, oh, about a month back, when the Jeep interfered with my plans to attend a corn roasting party.  We were on our way there, and it sounded like a balloon popping!  As it turned out, it really WAS a balloon popping- one of the airbags under the Jeep!

Who knew that when they say a vehicle has "air ride suspension" that they're talking about literal air in bags?!

I was flabbergasted when I found out! 

It meant we had to get the Jeep to the dealership to get it fixed, insteadda goin' to the corn-roastin' party.  That really cramped my style and made me re-think my personal mantra of Mopar or No Car.  It did.  For about a minute.

But my pal Rozzie helped me put it all in perspective.  As Rozzie pointed out, that Jeep is half a decade old and the roads around here are rough, ruff, RUFF-RUFF-RUFF-RUFF-RUFF!

Sorry about that.  Rozzie's a German Shepherd, and she has to keep us safe.  When we were conversating over the Jeep's airbag malady, a kid with a team of horses went by, and Rozzie hates that combination pretty much the most.

But she had a point.  The roads DO put a vehicle through its paces.  And it's a BALLOON under there, making sure those of us in the passenger compartment of the Jeep have a nicey smooth ride.  Also, she got on the dang ol' Fancy Thinkin' Box and showed me all the makes and models of cars and trucks that now have air-suspension, so she made me realize that given the set of circumstances, I coulda been in any flavor of air-suspension vehicle when the airbag popped, so it woulda turned out the same way for me.  It wasn't really the Jeep's fault. 

Then Rozzie scrolled over to Amazon and pointed out how they have Greenies there, which was my hint to get her a Greenie.  I don't know about you, Friends, but I think I have a pretty smart pal in Rozzie!

And I've forgiven the Jeep for ruining my plans that one day.  It has since been fixed and has carried me to a lot of other plans, without incident. 

So as my pal Rozzie tells me, Life is all about learnin' to roll with whatever comes your way.  Even broken air suspensions in your mode of conveyance.

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday without any automotive dramas, Friends!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment