Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Dang Ol' Triple-Ones!

I think that Eleventy-One is one of my fravrite numbers!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Wednesday to you!

Well, ya know, today is January Eleventh, or 01-11 if ya write your date in numbers insteadda words!

I like dates with catchy numbers such as today... the day of the dang ol' Triple-Ones! 

I think that if a person was to start up a ranch, they could call it the Triple-One Ranch and brand all their carrots they'd ranch with three vertical lines.  That way, if any of the carrots wandered away, they'd be easily identifiable from amongst all the other ranches' carrots, such as the Lazy River Ranch or the Sidewinder Ranch. 

Another way to say One-Eleven is by callin' it Eleventy-One, like the hobbits do.  This is my favorite way to talk about One-Eleven.  I think those hobbits have a pretty great outlook and philosophy for life, over-all, but that's a talk for another day.

Finally, what I find fascinating about the number 111 is that even though it looks as though the only way to multiply whole numbers and arrive at 111 is to use all ones (111x1), you actually can get to 111 by takin' three groups of 37 and makin' 'em all into one big group.  Isn't that fascinating?  Take a buncha bendy numbers like 3s and 7s, and ya come up with an elegant number like 111.

This is a marvelous day to be alive and a marvelous day to contemplate the wonders and mysterious mysteries of mathematics, Friends!  I love ya lots, and I'll ketchup with ya tomorrow, mmmkay?  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment