Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

I LOVE the '80s!

I'm a New Century Kid in love with the 1980s!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Friday to you!

Well, ya know, I am fascinated by all things from a long time ago, like the 1980s.  I have loved 1980s dance music ever since I was a baby. 

And 1980s Hair?!  Oh my goodness, Friends, it was AMAZING!  The spiral perms!  The mile-high bangs!  The asymmetrical hair cuttings!  Friends, for the life of me, I cannot get over the bigness of it!

Now, if you've been followin' along with my budding career as a makeup artist, you know that I am highly inspired by 1980s makeup.  I cannot think of one decade that was friendlier to blue eyeshadow and glittery lipgloss than the 1980s.  Can you, Friends?  I bet you can't!  Not, at least with blue eyeshadow and glittery lipgloss on the same face on the same day!

As you can guess from the makeup alone, the 1980s are my kind of decade!

But there was so much else going on in the 1980s.  The clothes fascinate me, with all that neon and black together.  It POPPED!  Accessories and shoulder pads better have gone big, or gone home! 

The toys were really something to behold, too.  This is my specialty, I think.  Knowin' all about 1980s toys.  I get to play with Mommy and Aunt Colleen's toys from the 1980s.  Toys from today are great, but toys from the 1980s were RAD.  For instance, I've seen Teddy Ruxpin in action, with my own two eyes.  In a time before Furby, Teddy Ruxpin was a brilliant animatronic bear whose mouth and eyes moved as he sang wonderful, relaxing songs.  80s kids had Popples that were weird little creatures with no antecedent in nature, and then they'd fold into themselves and turn into wonderfully weird little plush balls.  And I'm not even getting into the Cabbage Patch or Pound Puppies or My Child dolls.  Baby Kickie could SWIM, and also, her hair could be long, but you could crank her arm and make her hair short again, and then make her raise her hand and her hair would grow.

Wouldn't THAT be a handy talent to have, Friends?

Anyways, I guess you could surmise that I LOVE the '80s.

And I love you too, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment