Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Christmas Tree-n-Me!

The tree is so pretty and shiny, and I'm having trouble letting go of it!
Hiya, Friends!

Well, even though Christmas was a week and a half ago, my Christmas tree is still up.  This does not make me feel like an underachieving loser.  On the contrary, it makes me so happy.

You see, I love my Christmas tree.  There are so many lights on it.  Mommy lets me pick what colors the lights are going to be, and I always pick some kind of rainbow light show.  Seems to me the Christmas lights could just stay up, flashing their colorful and non-holiday-specific lights at the living room, indefinitely.  I think that would just be wonderful!

Alas, though, I understand we'll be taking down the tree and packing the lights away for another year this weekend.  I suppose it's gotta be done, so that the Christmas tree feels special when we get it back out and decorated at the end of November.  I suppose the lights could use an eleven-month rest after working around the clock during the Christmas Season.

But I'm not gonna lie, Friends.  I'm havin' a hard time letting go.  The older I get, the more I understand why you Big People wish you could just stop time every once in a while. 

Anyways, I'm gonna go enjoy the Christmas tree today, while it's still up and shining and glittering all its bright colors.  I'll figure out a way to sparkle up the rest of the month, but for right now, I wanna get my eyes fulla those Christmas lights, so I can keep the Christmas spirit in my heart until the Christmas season rolls around again. 

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment