Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

I Saw Giant Pretzel-Salt Yesterday Morning!

What if all that snow was really salt off'n' a GIANT pretzel?
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Sunday!  How's your weekend?

I'll tell ya what.  I haven't been able to know WHAT to think about our weather we're havin'.  It was pretty much nicey warm on Wednesday, Thursday was a nice day, until it started rainin' in the evening, Friday was rainy, and Friday night was REALLY rainy and windy. 

I'd call it blustery, if I had to get right down to it.

Then I woke up yesterday morning, and there was a dusting of really weird granular-lookin' SNOW all over everything! 

Yeah!  It was weird and looked just like the big salt on a big pretzel!  I blinked and rubbed my eyes, and don't you know it was STILL there! 

That'd be one heckofa cleanup, Friends!  Giant pretzel-salt!
It eventually melted off, once again showing how matted and in need of a big cleanup (thanks, Rozzie!) our yard is. 

But before that weird snow melted off, I got to thinkin' about what if it wasn't snow at all, but pretzel-salt off a really big pretzel that a giant up in the sky was eating? 

And when I thought of the pretzel-eating giant, I wondered if the giant has an Auntie Anne's pretzel place, or if the giant would have to make his or her own pretzels to enjoy.

The giant making the pretzels would definitely account for all the salty-looking snow on the ground yesterday morning, Friends.  Sprinkling salt on pretzels isn't a very neat thing to do when you're just a normal person here on the ground, so I bet a giant up in the sky, with big giant-hands would have even more trouble distributing salt on pretzels in a neat and tidy manner.

I'm sure glad it ended up bein' snow, and not pretzel-salt!
Then I got to wonderin' what we'd do with all that salt, if it was salt, and not snow.  Salt doesn't melt.  I mean, salt melts other things, and it dissolves, but that isn't the same as having salt melt the way snow does.  And if it did, I betchya it would shrivel up all our grass and such.

Even I know a little bitta salt is a good thing, but a lotta salt is bad for us, and plants, to boot!

Even though our yard's a mess, I was sure glad to see it was just really weird, granular snow, and not giant pretzel-salt.  The idea of cleaning up all that salt was startin' to worry me a little bit.  I woulda figured out how to do it, Friends, never fear, but it woulda been Quite a Job!

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment