Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Social Awkwardness: Friday Fashion Faux Pas Edition

Oh. Em. Gee.  Wouldja look at that?
Hiya, Friends! Happy Friday to you!

Guess what's happening in my world today!  My frenemy Pidgie McDougall showed up at the office today in the same outfit that I'm wearin'.  Not the same-same outfit.  My outfit's mainly white with pink and lavender accessories, and Pidgie's sportin' mainly black, with red accessories.  But we are both similarly-attired in a ruffly singlet, BabyLegs, and tall boots.

Basically, the only differences are the colors.  That's it. 

My frenemy Pidgie McDougall is wearin' the same outfit I have on today!
When I first saw Pidgie in the lobby today, this was my face: ->

That's right.  Shock and horror and more shock.  And then extra horror.  We looked like some kinda TWINS!  Were not twins!  We're only sort of friends!

What do you DO in that kind of situation, Friends? 

I'm not gonna lie, Friends.  At first, I thought one of us should change.  And by "one of us," I mean the one of us who isn't me.  I thought, "How DARE she come to the office dressed in a very Zoe-esque outfit?"  Pidgie McDougall doesn't wear rows-n-rows of ruffles, Friends.  Pidgie McDougall doesn't wear tall rain boots.  That's MY thing!
Well, it's good to know great taste when ya see it.  Well done, Pidgie!

And then, I got to thinkin' that maybe it wasn't anything to be mad about, that Pidgie McDougall decided to dress like me today.  Maybe... maybe I oughtta be flattered. 

After all, you can't hold it against somebody when you find out they think you have such great taste that they wanna wear the same kinds of clothes you do!

I was really kinda thinkin' about gettin' all mad at first, this morning, because I thought Pidgie McDougall was copying me.  But now that I realize I'm a trendsetter, Friends, I'm kinda walkin' a little taller in my tall boots now, today. 

It's all about perspective, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment